Your unique dental needs are always our number one priority at V Dental. If you or a loved one ever require oral surgery, you can count on us for the outstanding, comfortable care you deserve. Here’s a look at the most common oral surgery options offered right here at our Grand Rapids, MI, office.
Simple and Surgical Tooth Extractions
We consider every restorative dentistry treatment option at V Dental before determining that extraction is the only viable solution.
The following are possible reasons you may require tooth extraction:
- Dental Trauma - Tooth damage is often the result of an accident. We will do our best to restore your broken, chipped, or cracked tooth. However, extraction may be our only option if the damage is irreparable.
- Periodontal or Gum Disease - Advanced periodontal diseases can cause substantial damage to the bone and tissues supporting the teeth, leading to bone loss and loose teeth. Teeth that have lost their support have a poor prognosis and typically require extraction.
- Tooth Decay - Left untreated, tooth decay may progress, leading to pain, swelling, and weak and brittle teeth. If the damage is too extensive to repair using dental fillings, root canal therapy, or any other restorative procedure, extraction may be the only remaining option.
- Overcrowding - We may create a custom orthodontic treatment for you that includes the removal of one or more teeth. Overcrowding can create crooked teeth and smiles that are not lined up correctly. Selective extraction may be necessary to realign your smile!
- Wisdom Teeth - Wisdom teeth are notorious for exacerbating other dental problems and often require extraction. That is a common practice, and our V Dental team has the skill, experience, and expertise to make the process as comfortable and anxiety-free for you as possible.
There are two types of tooth extractions: Simple and surgical. A simple extraction is needed to remove a visible and easily accessible tooth. A surgical extraction, on the other hand, is a more involved procedure required to remove a weak, partially erupted, or impacted tooth. After extracting a tooth, we may recommend a tooth replacement option, such as a dental bridge, partial denture, or dental implant, because leaving a gap in your smile can lead to a host of complications.
Restoring one or more missing teeth with a dental implant restoration is the next best thing to your natural teeth. However, adequate bone mass is a must for the success of implant surgery. We may recommend a bone graft to prevent bone loss after tooth extraction, allowing you to receive an implant successfully down the road. You may also require a bone graft to get you ready for implant surgery if you’ve been missing a tooth for some time and have suffered bone loss. We’ll place the grafting material which triggers the growth of new bone in the area, providing the needed stability for your dental implant.
Oral Surgery Near Me
Contact V Dental to learn more about our quality services designed for long-term healthy smiles. If you or a loved one requires oral surgery, our skilled and experienced team will provide you with the cutting-edge dental care you deserve.
We invite you to contact our Grand Rapids office at 616-364-6490 to schedule an appointment today!